- This event has passed.
Traveling Hearing Loss Seminar
November 13, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Are you one of the 213,671 Rhode Islanders and 48 million Americans with hearing loss? Do you have a friend, family member, neighbor, employee or colleague with a hearing loss? THEN THIS SEMINAR IS FOR YOU!!!
- Denise Corson, ATEL Program Coordinator, ATAP Partner
- Melissa Rosenberg, OSCIL Coordinator/Outreach, ATAP Partner
- James Litvack, RI Relay Outreach Manager
50-minute presentation with 10 min Q&A
Tune in on the AFRI Facebook page at 11 am
- Facts, Myths and Misunderstanding About Hearing Loss.
- Learn About the Latest Technology for Individuals with Hearing Loss
- Hearing Aids Vs Cochlear Implants
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Loop Systems
- Amplification Vs Captioning- TV, Movies, Plays, CART, Telephones, Smartphones
- Alerting Devices for Home
- Telephone and Relay Services
- Advocacy and The Laws That Protect You
- Local Resources and Organizations