The Rhode Island Parent Information Network and Rhode Island College’s Institute for Education in Healthcare have partnered to deliver a free, live, virtual training for Certified Community Health Workers aspiring to earn the new Specialty in Older Adults certification. The training will provide you with knowledge of the following:
- CHWs, Aging & the Workforce
- Sociological Contexts of Aging: Obstacles & Opportunities
- Practice Perspective: Building Partnerships that Empower
- Social Determinants of Health & Aging: Obstacles & Opportunities
- Threats to Health Aging: Behavioral Health Challenges & Dementia
- Healthy Aging
- Empowering Partnerships & Resource Navigation
Training will be comprised of weekly synchronous Zoom sessions, 9 am -Noon, and weekly asynchronous assignments and activities requiring about 3 hours of additional time from January 14, 2021 – March 18, 2021.
- Rhode Island CHW Certification (or currently in process of applying for)
- Experience working or volunteering with the older adult population
- Approval by supervisor to spend allotted time for live training sessions
Or pasting in browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUpcO-rpz0oHdVqEmaVbivKoQM1gm4upUSo
Please email CHWARI Director Sarah Lawrence with any questions at email@example.com
This training is funded by the Rhode Island Foundation and is free for participants.