RIPTA is working with the statewide Human Services Transportation Coordinating Council to prepare a 2022 update of the Rhode Island Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Coordinated Plan. This plan is updated every five years to consider the changing transportation needs of individuals with disabilities, older adults, and people with low incomes; provide strategies for meeting those needs; and prioritize services for funding and implementation.
The first group of public meetings is scheduled in April, and they are seeking input from transportation consumers, providers, and representatives of advocacy organizations that support the targeted populations in particular. There are three ways to participate:
1. Attend a Virtual Listening Session on Zoom.
- Monday, April 25th, 1pm to 2:30 pm Link to register
- Wednesday, April 27th, 5pm to 6:30 pm Link to register
- Thursday, April 28th, 10am to 11:30 am Link to register
- Wednesday, May 4th, 3pm to 4:30 pm – (rescheduled from April 21st) Link to register
Click on the link above for the meeting you plan to attend to RSVP and receive log-in information. Please note that the presentation content will be the same for all meetings, but the discussions may be different. If you’d like to request ASL interpretation or other accommodations, please contact Joelle Kanter a week in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (401) 784-9500 x1283.
Learn more and access a shareable flyer HERE