November is National Family Caregiving Awareness Month and represents a time to thank, support, and honor the caregivers in Rhode Island. The Family Caregiver Alliance of Rhode Island in partnership with the Office of Healthy Aging (formerly the Division of Elderly Affairs), is proud to co-sponsor the RI Family Caregiver of the Year Award which was established to honor and recognize caregivers who dedicate their lives to those in need.
To be eligible for the award, a caregiver must be currently providing care or must have provided care within the past year. Nominations can be submitted for three (3) unique categories shared below:
Family Caregiver Award
- Any unpaid family member providing assistance to a child, adult, or elder with a disability, chronic illness or other condition requiring support and assistance to have a full life in the community (or a non-relative, but perceived as family, such as neighbor or friend.)
Professional Caregiver Award
Nominees accepted for persons employed in one of the following categories:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Therapy aide
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Home Health Aide
- Patient Care Technician
- Direct Support Caregiver (companion/sitter)
- Home Based Treatment Services (HBTS) or Pass worker(CEDARR)
Best Practices in the Workplace for Caregivers
Nominees accepted for businesses and organizations who have adopted best practices in support of their employees who are caring for family and loved ones.
- Please fill out the nomination form no later than Monday, September 30th, 2019.
- You may only nominate one person/ agency per category
- To nominate an individual/ organization you must complete the linked nomination form with a description of why you feel they deserve to be recognized.
Please reach out to Maryam Attarpour with any questions or need for more information via email at email@example.com