The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC), administered by USAging and Easterseals, has awarded a total of $490,000 to seven communities to support the implementation of innovative programs for equitable and accessible transportation to meet the needs of diverse older adults and people with disabilities. The seven Equity and Accessibility Implementation grantees were selected from among the nine transportation planning grants funded by NADTC in 2021.
Each grantee will receive $70,000 each to implement an idea, developed under the planning phase, to meet the needs of vulnerable and underserved populations. The grantees are:
· Agency of South Central Connecticut (North Haven, CT)
· Colonie Senior Service Centers, Inc. (Albany, NY)
· HIRTA Public Transit (Urbandale, IA)
· North Central New Mexico Economic Development (Santa Fe, NM)
· Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (Colorado Springs, CO)
· Ride Connection, Inc. (Portland, OR)
· Rhode Island College Foundation, Age Friendly RI (Providence, RI)
Read more about how we plan to leverage these funds to meet unmet transportation needs and the other grantee projects on NADTC’s website.