The Aging in Community Subcommittee of the Long Term Care Coordinating Council set the following advocacy priorities for the 2019 state legislative session:
- Continue No Fare bus program and develop elder transportation options;
- Restore state funding for Elder Respite Services to address current wait list;
- Ensure funding to fully develop the Aging and Disability Resource Center;
- Expand eligibility for Elderly Affairs home/community care program;
- Increase Temporary Caregiver Insurance program from 4 to 6 weeks.
Maureen Maigret, Subcommittee Chair, works to educate members of the general assembly on the importance of supporting these legislative priorities as a means of helping the state’s older population to stay healthy and engaged in their communities and to be able to remain living at home whenever possible.
More information can be found HERE: