Are you one of the 213,671 Rhode Islanders and 48 million Americans with hearing loss? Do you have a friend, family member, neighbor, employee or colleague with a hearing loss? If so, the Traveling Hearing Loss Seminar may be of interest to you!
Participants will learn about:
• Facts, Myths and Misunderstanding About Hearing Loss.
• Learn About the Latest Technology for Individuals with Hearing Loss
• Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants
• Assistive Listening Devices
• Loop Systems
• Amplification Vs Captioning- TV, Movies, Plays, CART, Telephones, Smartphones
• Alerting Devices for Home
• Telephone and Relay Services
• Advocacy and The Laws That Protect You
• Local Resources and Organizations
Denise Corson, ATEL Program Coordinator, ATAP Partner
Melissa Rosenberg, OSCIL Outreach and IL Coordinator, ATAP Partner
James Litvack, RI Relay Manager
Thursday, March 12th from 4:30-6 PM
North Kingstown Library
100 Boone St., North Kingstown, RI 02852
This seminar is free and will move to DIFFERENT LOCATIONS and TIMES throughout the state. Future dates and times TBD. Please visit the ATEL website or call (401)462-7857 for information regarding future locations. Light Refreshments will be provided by RI Relay!!!